Sunday, November 18, 2007

Desiring Abundant Life

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." ~ Jesus (John 10:10)

In the last few days I have become increasingly aware of the attacks of the enemy. Conversations with students have consistently revealed how enemy is seeking to destroy them, to make them ineffective, depressed and to distract them from the Truth of the Gospel. It breaks my heart.

The good news is that they verse doesn't end with destruction, but rather the life that Jesus has to offer. In the midst of their struggling I have loved reminding the students of the beautiful mystery of the Gospel. I love bringing the truth that once we are "in Christ" God sees us as holy and blameless, He cannot love us any more or any less than He does at this moment. This is a wonder too beautiful for words!

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

~ In Christ Alone

1 comment:

Krista said...

I was just pondering this morning how grateful I am for that truth! It certainly is a wonder too beautiful for words.