Saturday, October 13, 2007

You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling

some of the freshman girls with their roses

Tonight our nav ministry had a men's/women's night instead of our normal large group meeting. We split the women into 5 groups and then sent each group out to 5 different restaurants around town while the men headed to Steven and Dustin's house for a barbeque and time of learning about how to honor the women in our ministry. It was a great time for women of various classes to connect with each other! After dinner the women headed back to the Strudel (my house!) for dessert and a dance party.

The guys surprised us by sneaking into our backyard, cutting our power and then inviting us to join them in the back yard. They then serenaded us with "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" and gave each of us a rose. Then they sang a special rendition of "My Girl" in which they re-wrote the lyrics to fit the Nav Girls. I have included some of their lyrics below:

Your God's sunshine on a cloudy day
Reflect Gods glory in the sweetest way
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
Nav girls (nav girls)
Talkin' bout my Nav girls (nav girls)

We don't need no half dressed women, thanks for dressing modestly
You're the greatest bunch of women, honestly
I guess you'd say
What can make you feel this way?
Nav girls (nave girls, nave girls)
Talkin' 'bout my nav girls (nav girls)



As you can tell, we've got a great group of men! They brought tears to a few of the girls eyes. Some of these women have never been treated sweetly by men and have no idea that they deserve to be treated as someone of great value. I am so grateful that the leaders of this ministry are committed to training men and women to live as God has created them.

No comments: