Saturday, October 27, 2007

Refreshment in the Midst of Chaos

It has been quite an interesting week. Our weekend was spent hosting a dessert and breakfast for our students' parents. I loved having the opportunity to get to know these parents and tell them how we are rooting for them in their kids lives.

Unfortunately Sunday also brought the realization that my car had been broken into the night before, leaving me without a c.d. player and most of my c.d's. On Thursday morning my house was woken up to two police officers informing us that my roommate Diana's car had also been broken into. No major damage was done to either of our cars, but it is still just scary that within 5 days 2 cars sitting directly in front of our house were robbed. We are trying to determine how we can improve the security for our house and be more conscientious of our surrounding environment.

In the midst of calling insurance companies and replacing windows we have also been getting ready to head out to St. Louis for the Navigators National Conference. As I have been preparing to go I have been reminded that it really is autumn in other parts of the country. Below is a picture of some fall leaves that were sent to my house from some dear friends in State college.

krista arranged them so beautifully on our kitchen table

This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go swing dancing with some of the students that have become dear friends of mine. The dancing was almost as fun as listening to the live 12 piece band! Below is a picture of some of the seniors having a bit of fun :)



2 comments:

Megan said...

HI Robin!
I finally remebered to check out your blog :) I am excited to hear about how things are going in Arizona. We miss you hear in PA!

Megan said...

I guess I can't type, I meant to say "here". oops, I could blame it one Toby but he's alread gone to bed